February 15, 2009

Posted by jinson on 20:40 1 comment
Tonight I have make history in my own history by posting my first post in this very beloved intelligentsia blog. But first, let me introduce myself. I am the Head Publicist of Intelligentsia Club for the 2009/10 session. The name is Safwan and I am a rookie in writing blogs. So this is how my first post is going to be. I would want to share with you guys some educational quotes that I think we could take as inspirations to us as students. Here it goes....

The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. - Aristotle

Education is that which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish their lack of understanding. - Ambrose Bierce

Education in our times must try to find whatever there is in students that might yearn for completion, and to reconstruct the learning that would enable them autonomously to seek that completion. - Allan Bloom

It is possible to store the mind with a million facts and still be entirely uneducated. - Alec Bourne

Life at university, with its intellectual and inconclusive discussions at a postgraduate level is on the whole a bad training for the real world. Only men of very strong character surmount this handicap. - Paul Chambers

Getting things done is not always what is most important. There is value in allowing others to learn, even if the task is not accomplished as quickly, efficiently or effectively. - R.D. Clyde

Upon the education of the people of this country the fate of this country depends. - Benjamin Disraeli

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. - Edward Everett

Nine tenths of education is encouragement. - Anatole France

Education would be so much more effective if its purpose were to ensure that by the time they leave school every boy and girl should know how much they don't know, and be imbued with a lifelong desire to know it. - Sir William Haley

There you have it. Ten educational quotes for us to think about...

Until my 2nd post...
So long....
-safwan-

1 angel(s) voice(es) out:

Sengal Ubi said...

Really educative. Inspiring quotes I would say.

Looking forward to read your upcoming entries. Same goes with you, Beela and Ling. You three have different types of writing approach and I like all.

Now let's show them who's boss...